Plan for Weekend Closures through June.
View details on the Traffic Alerts tab.
A stretch of Interstate 17 in Maricopa County is undergoing a $9.8 million pavement-improvement project. Work began in March and is scheduled for completion this summer. Work is occurring in Phoenix and Glendale on I-17 between 19th Avenue (milepost 197.9) and the Arizona Grand Canal (milepost 208.3 near Dunlap Avenue) and includes all traffic interchanges within those limits. The work consists of:
- milling the existing roadway, resurfacing and adding a layer of smooth, durable rubberized asphalt,
- making ADA-compliance improvements at the interchanges,
- drainage basin construction, and median concrete barrier modifications,
- installation of signing and pavement markings,
- grading for drainage,
- concrete curb bridge rail modification,
- guardrail improvements,
- glare screen removal, and other related work.
Through June, crews will work on weekends and I-17 will be closed one direction at a time in approximately three-mile segments. No work is scheduled over the Memorial Day weekend (May 26-29). Drivers should expect heavy delays and use alternate routes, including State Route 51, Loop 101, the I-17 frontage road or 19th or 27th avenues. If you have questions or comments, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the ADOT Project Information Line at 855.712.8530.